Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Have you thought about it yet? Is your gift wrapped and sitting ready for Sunday 15th May?
If the answer is no, let me lend a hand and see what ideas we can pull together.
Let’s start with what does Mum like? Does she prefer Experience gifts or a perfectly wrapped present? Or is food the way to her heart?
Let’s start with the experience ideas:
* Paid lunch out for Mother’s Day (maybe somewhere a bit different)
* Theatre tickets for you & mum (The Bodygaurd or The book of Mormon)
* Gold Class Movie tickets (or preview screening of Viceroy’s House)
* Restaurant vouchers (Café Sydney / Vue De Monde) just kidding
* Spa massage / facial / Pedicure / Manicure voucher – Endota Spa
* Favorite shop voucher – Saba / Trenery / Sussan / Zimmerman
* Winey Tour (yes please)
* Cheese and Wine Tasting – GPO Cheese & Wine Room or Milk the Cow
* Subscription Gift Boxes – Retreat Yourself Box or Foodies Collective
* DVDs, Music, Book by her favorite author, Home wares
* Gadgets for the home, Office, Car or Kitchen (only fun ones – no vacuum unless she's asked for it and it’s a Dyson – the newest version).
* Candles, Perfume, Bath Soaks, Luxury home spa set
* Dressing Gown, Slippers, PJs or voucher to her favorite store
* Wine, Champagne, Chocolates, Cheese or a gourmet food hamper
* Photo album, Photo frame with a photo of the family or grandchildren
* Personalized jewelry (think Uberkate), Watch, Care Package?
What would you put in you Care Package?
How about a mixture of some of the above? Buy a quality box from a decent Newsagents or David Jones and some tissue paper. Then fill it with items such as:
* Mini bottle of Champagne and chocolates or a nice mug and hot chocolate
* Bottle of bath bubbles, body lotion, mini candle and nail vanish
* Photos of the grandchildren or old favorite photos
You don’t have to put all these suggestions in there – whatever your mum loves! At the end of the day, you know your mum best. It's not about the most expensive gift, it's the most thoughtful gift.
If you are still unsure and cannot decide – may I suggest a Care Package that I made earlier…